Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You know when you (and every other teenage girl in the world) read one of those books about a kid who discovers, generally around the age of 13, that they have magical powers, and has to face the fact that they are a Magical Being and didn't know it? And, of course, they usually have to fulfill some sort of near-impossible task against very Evil People and Dastardly Bad Guys, having just learned four chapters earlier that all these forces exist? And, of course, they usually win, in the meantime learning Valuable Lessons about friendship, love, and being facetious.I'm kind of like that. I'm a lot like that, in fact. But not quite.

Here's the deal...those kids that discover they are magical are like the fraction 1/7. I am the fraction 7/1. I'm the inverse.See, I've always known I was magical. I just don't have any powers. I do believe I am a Fallen Faerie.Now, how I came to lose my abilities to fly, carry pixie dust, and disappear, I don't know. I suspect that I was subject to some form of Mind Eraser when it happened. This, of course, begs the question- why would someone erase my memory? What could I have had that was important for me NOT to have had? The only conclusion is that I hold..er, held...the key to Extraordinary Power that had long been the pawn in an Epic Battle between Right and Wrong. That or I stole someone's chocolate chip cookie recipe, but I don't think that was it.

Of course, being an Upstanding Citizen, I want Right to win...most the time. So I feel it only my duty to try and gain back my powers, my memory, and restore Order to the Realm Unknown. (although, once I discover it, it will be the Realm Known and I shall have to rename it).

There is only so much searching one can do in a human disguise, however. Flying is impossible. I cannot stop time. Trust me...I have tried. A lot. And parents are not easily amused when fifteen minutes after instructing you to clean your room nothing is done, even though it was because you had been trying every combination of finger snapping and eye blinking possible to find The Right One that would instantly put all your toys away. (true story)

Ah, well. Such is the life of a Fallen Faerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment